History of Valier Public Library
The Library began as a collection of books in a closet of the local hotel, from there it was formally housed on shelves in the jewelry store. Thanks to the tenacity of our first Librarian, Margaret Holms, a voracious reader, the Library soon moved to a small room in the town's Civic Center. By 1959 the shelves were full, and once again, the library needed more room. The Grand Opening of our present building was in April 1969. Once again, we find ourselves crowded and needing to expand to provide more services to out patrons.
1912-Libvrary organized by Reverend George Mecklenburg in Harrington Jewelry Store.
1914-Moved to Valier Hotel 26 years later
1930-Moved to Civic Center 39 years later
1969-Moved to current "Modern" building